Vegan cuisine has its own delights and tofu is one of them. Tofu comes loaded with nutrients, essentially including protein. It is also an excellent source of amino acids, calcium and iron and other vitamins and minerals. Grilling tofu makes its flavor stand out with smoke and also puts it in direct competition with grilled meat with an equally delectable flavor. It is considered an easy to make the recipe and the flavor on the platter is mesmerizing. To soothe your senses with taste and fulfill your vegetarian approach, this guide helps you come up with the perfectly grilled tofu. Without many further wordings, let us take a look at how you can carve out a delicacy.
- The time required
Tofu, being a vegan recipe, does not test your patience on the grill and goes easy on preparation as well. You can make about 2-3 vegetarians happy with this sublime recipe in a total time of an hour and 25 minutes. 10 minutes would go into preparing the ingredients and 15 minutes would go into the process of cooking.
- The ingredients required
Grilled Tofu needs a little package of items on your kitchen shelf in order to be perfectly made. And, these items are as follows:
- 14 ounces of drained tofu; has to be extra firm
- A quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of marjoram, dried
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Half a teaspoon of kosher salt
- A teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/3 of a cup filled with extra virgin olive oil
- Half a cup of soy sauce, low on sodium
- Half a cup of sherry vinegar
With these ingredients ready, you might want to move ahead with the process of cooking.
- The procedure of cooking
This process is mostly a cinch. Just follow the step by step guide below to end up an almost perfectly grilled tofu.
- Use some weight on tofu wrapped in a clean towel for draining it. Give thirty minutes for this process to take place.
- While the tofu is being drained, bring together black pepper, marjoram, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, olive oil, soy sauce and sherry vinegar in a bowl. Create a marinade out of this.
- Cut the tofu into slices of the desired size and use the marinade on it. Refrigerate for some time(anywhere between 30 minutes and 48 hours). A short time would not affect your recipe much.
- Fire up your grill and let it preheat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it be on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Now lower down the flame and let the temperature reduce to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then use some oil to grease the grates of the grill.
- Transfer your tofu on to the grill and cover it. Cook until brown grill marks appear. This should take about 10-15 minutes. Make sure that you the grill marks do not blacken.
- Chuck this tofu on the plate.
- Boil some of the marinades and pour it over the grilled tofu.
- Ready to serve.
Hence, a healthy vegan recipe is ready on your platter.
What is worth waiting for? Just get up, fire up the grill and get going!