Scallion grilling with seeds
As weird and different it may sound, it tastes amazingly well. And for those who don’t know what scallions are, these are green colored onions, also popularly known as spring onions used in salads and for dressing. They usually have a milder taste than most of the other onions.
Grab on your aprons and start working.
All ingredients you need is –
- 8-10 scallions trimmed and cut half lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce, and
- Of course, sesame seeds (for serving)
Interestingly, you don’t even need to worry about the scallions. They are easily available and also can be grown very easily in your small garden. These slender shaped don’t need much space. Their tenderness is perfect to balance with the other greens for the salads. Grilling them makes it lose their harsh thing that onions tend to have.
- Preheat the griller by preparing it for medium-rare heat.
- Now toss the scallions on the baking tray with oil and of course, with the seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Grill the scallions on each side for about a minute until they become tender and soft.
- After done, transfer them to a platter, pour some hot sauce over and top them with sesame seeds and it’s ready to be served.
” Another yet delicious way can be by adding asparagus into the recipe. ”
- For this, you just have to prepare a mix by adding oil, vinegar, soya sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic.
- Whisk them all together and keep them aside.
- Casually put cooking spray on the griller and allow the griller to preheat on high.
- Now add asparagus and turn it to medium heat.
- Turn them frequently and let it grill for about 7-9 minutes so they are charred completely and from all sides.
- After done, transfer all the grilled asparagus to a shallow serving plate and pour the sauce that had been kept aside earlier.
- Toss over some scallions and sesame seeds to garnish. And the pretty starter is done to taste.
- A quick recipe to serve to your guests who come over immediately so you have time to prepare the dinner and yet too delicious to taste.
Another way to make your scallions taste good can be by adding Romesco sauce , preferably to be made at home.
- So for that, you just need to combine some chopped roasted almonds, cheese, garlic, oil, red-wine vinegar and salt and pepper, according to your taste.
- Blend all these in a blender until the paste becomes smooth.
- Refrigerate it by covering with a plastic wrap for at least an hour so that it settles down well and take out when ready to use.
It’s considered one of the traditional dishes in Barcelona. They also add onions to this recipe and grill them with scallions and use romesco sauce.
These scallions are very versatile. They can be used anywhere, may be with pork or turkey or beef since they add the required tenderness to your dish and enhance it. They are also a constant to be added in potato salads or even a side for grilled meats. So this recipe is surely one to try.